[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svn commit: rev 2521 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_client

From: Karl Fogel <kfogel_at_newton.ch.collab.net>
Date: 2002-07-15 21:54:38 CEST

Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:
> Can we be sure to get the right changes? It would suck to revert something
> that was a true bug fix. Or to pull something out that should stay in. Or
> revert it back to some code that was buggy. Or...

Well, we can be pretty sure that things won't be any buggier than they
were before the code went in. That they were in need of improvement
is well known, but at least that code had been reviewed and was a
known quantity.

> I'm still of a mind to move *forward*, than to back it out.
> It sounds like Philip was close. I say that we let him stabilize the code
> and then we release Alpha.

That's cool -- I'd prefer to move forward too. But then we really
have to delay Alpha longer than Thursday (I'd estimate till next
Monday, but would want to hear Philip's estimate too). With Ben out
Tuesday, and the dumper and ra_dav bugs that have cropped up, there's
just too much instability. If we went forward with the access baton
changes and *did* manage to release Thursday, it would be a totally
shaky, untested release.

I'm okay with delaying till Monday. How do you feel about it?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Mon Jul 15 22:06:28 2002

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.