[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion moving problem

From: Ben Collins-Sussman <sussman_at_collab.net>
Date: 2001-11-29 03:34:47 CET

Thanks, Jack! I was able to reproduce the bug as well.... I'm really
surprised, and I'll track it down ASAP.

2 things --

  - please keep this bug discussion on the developer's list (I've cc'd it)

  - there is no cvs2svn converter yet, anywhere. There's a
    partly-written perl script that's been mostly abandoned, and
    there's a partly-written python script in progress. :-)

Jack Huang <HuangJ@masirv.com> writes:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Okay, from the beginning
>
> I created a repository and imported an existing project into the repository
> with
>
> svnadmin create /home/jack/sub_repository/cvsborne
> svn import file:///home/jack/sub_repository/cvsborne
> /home/jack/cvsborne
>
> then I check the source codes out to make sure the operations were
> successful
>
> svn co file:///home/jack/sub_repository/cvsborne -d
> /home/jack/cborne
>
> and got all the source codes out successfully
>
> I cd'ed into /home/jack/cborne/mas/mas_h and created directory Qwerty with
>
> svn mkdir Qwerty
>
> and cd'ed into the new directory Qwerty
>
> I then created a text file foo.c with vi, filled with lyric from Rocky
> Horror Picture Show (first two stanzas from "Sweet Transvestite" if you must
> know. So it's not a C program...), then
>
> svn add foo.c
> svn commit
>
> which were successful, then
>
> svn mkdir Dvorak
> svn commit
>
> which were successful, then
>
> svn move foo.c Dvorak/
> svn commit
>
> at which time I got the error messages
>
> svn_error: #21062 : <Merge conflict during commit>
> commit failed: wc locks and tmpfiles have been removed.
>
> svn_error: #21062 : <Merge conflict during commit>
> commit failed: while calling close_edit()
>
> svn_error: #21062 : <Merge conflict during commit>
> conflict at "Qwerty"
>
>
> Those were the exact steps, with no other commands, svn or otherwise, issued
> during the testing, except ls and cd to test the existence of newly created
> directories. I was able to reproduce this problem in another directory
> under the same project.
>
> While we are here, I am having problem with cvs2svn.pl, too. My company is
> using PVCS at the moment, and I have converted PVCS archives into CVS format
> (a Perl conversion program I downloaded from the Net). I am sure the result
> was successful because I was able to check files in and our using CVS and
> compile them. I then ran your cvs2sbn.pl with
>
> svnadmin create /home/jack/sub_repository/sair
> cvs2svn.pl -d $CVSROOT/sair /home/jack/sub_repository/sair
>
> which will print out a series of file names and commit
>
> commit
> sair/app_c/Appini.cpp 1.1
> ....
>
> but there would be nothing in the svn repository sair (got nothing when I
> issue "svn co file:///home/jack/sub_repository/sair -d /home/jack/sair".
> /home/jack/sair remained empty). I tried different approaches, with the
> same result. Appearantly the program can and does read the CVS archives
> perfectly (I checked the output with the actual directories and files), but
> the new svn archives seems to have vanished into thin air. Perhaps I've
> sent them to wrong places?
>
> Well, I hope these problems don't end up in the "Irreproduceable Bugs"
> department. By the way, I have RedHat Linux 7.0 with kernel 2.4 patch, if
> it makes any different.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jack
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ben Collins-Sussman [mailto:sussman@collab.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 4:58 PM
> To: Jack Huang
> Cc: 'dev@subversion.tigris.org'
> Subject: Re: Subversion moving problem
>
>
>
> Sorry, Jack... can you send an exact recipe? Like, an exact list of
> commands to type that will reproduce this bug?
>
> I appreciate the testing. :-)
>
>
> Jack Huang <HuangJ@masirv.com> writes:
>
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I am getting errors when I tried to commit a file move. First I created
> > directory Qwerty with "svn mkdir Qwerty", then I created text file foo.c
> > under Qwerty. I then made another directory under Qwerty, Dvorak, and
> > issued "svn move foo.c Dvorak/", which gave me the following:
> >
> > Deleting Qwerty/foo.c
> > Adding Qwerty/Dvorak/foo.c
> >
> > svn_error: #21062 : <Merge conflict during commit>
> > commit failed: wc locks and tmpfiles have been removed.
> >
> > svn_error: #21062 : <Merge conflict during commit>
> > commit failed: while calling close_edit()
> >
> > svn_error: #21062 : <Merge conflict during commit>
> > conflict at "Qwerty"
> >
> > I then called "svn copy foo.c bar.c", which did create bar.c in my working
> > directory, but everytime I enter "svn commit" I get above messages plus:
> >
> > Adding Qwerty/bar.c
> >
> > So I will have to assume that Subversion have not commited bar.c to the
> > repository.
> >
> > I have downloaded the latest and greated release r464, and since both log
> > and cp worked, Subversion 0.6.
> >
> > Thanks for your helps.
> >
> > Jack
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Oct 21 14:36:49 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Dev mailing list.