[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: Svnsync with changed url and ssl certificate?

From: Bo Berglund <bo.berglund_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 07:54:30 +0200

On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 22:21:24 -0500, Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2019_at_ryandesign.com> wrote:

>> svnsync synchronize https://svn.xxxxxxxx.com/svn/bosse https://engineering/svn/bosse
>> svnsync: E175008: While handling the 'svn:sync-lock' property on '/svn/bosse/!svn/bln/0':
>> svnsync: E175008: Revprop change blocked by pre-revprop-change hook (exit code 1) with output:
>> Only the syncuser user may change revision properties
>>
>> How can I force a different svnsync user than the one apparently erroneously cached
>> somewhere when I test svnsync on the command line?
>
> Ah yes. You must've told Subversion to save the username and password when you first set it up.
> Saved passwords are saved not by UUID but by URL, since it is possible for an administrator to
> set up different authentication for different URLs, even if they go to the same repository.
>
> So, on the repository server where you run the batch script, you need to log in as (or use
> whatever the Windows equivalent of "sudo" is to temporarily become) whatever operating system
> user runs your svnsync batch script, and then, as that user, run svnsync or the batch script.
> It should prompt you for the password and maybe the username, which you can enter, and tell
> it to save, which it should then save, and which svnsync, when run automatically via the batch
> script as that user in the future, should be able to read and use.
>

Thanks, I ended up doíng this to clean up the mess I created by misinterpreting the prompts
when I tried to run the svnsync command manually:

I added the --sync-username parameter to the command to force the correct username:

svnsync synchronize --sync-username syncuser https://svn.xxxxxxxx.com/svn/bosse https://engineering/svn/bosse

I then ran this command manually and was prompted for the password of user "syncuser" after which
it completed successfully.

Then I made a small change to a file, committed it and waited for the automated sync to run via Windows scheduler.
This revision was successfully backed up via the nightly batch file so I think I am good now!

Thanks again for your help!

--
Bo Berglund
Received on 2019-08-12 07:54:55 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.