[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Subversion 1.9.10/1.10.4 choke on non-ASCII resources on HP-UX

From: Osipov, Michael <michael.osipov_at_siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 11:40:17 +0200

Hi Branko,

Am 2019-05-01 um 02:17 schrieb Branko Čibej:
> On 30.04.2019 20:18, Osipov, Michael wrote:
>
>> The terminal and locale are fine though:
>>> $ locale
>>> LANG=de_DE.utf8
>>> LC_CTYPE="de_DE.utf8"
>>> LC_COLLATE="de_DE.utf8"
>>> LC_MONETARY="de_DE.utf8"
>>> LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.utf8"
>>> LC_TIME="de_DE.utf8"
>>> LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.utf8"
>>> LC_ALL=
>
> LC_ALL should probably not be empty. Could be that on HP-UX, the empty
> value causes Subversion to use the default C (or POSIX) locale. Try setting
>
>     LC_ALL="de_DE.utf8"; export LC_ALL
>
> Subversion tries setlocale(LC_ALL, "") first and only if that fails, it
> tries setlocale(LC_CTYPE, ""). Evidently the first call succeeds, which
> is strange but not strictly wrong. I think.

Doesn't really work out.

Here is the old server:
> $ hostname
> blnn724x
> $ svn --version -q
> 1.9.4
> $ locale
> LANG=de_DE.utf8
> LC_CTYPE="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_COLLATE="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_MONETARY="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_TIME="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_ALL=
> $ svn ls https://deblndw011x.ad001.siemens.net/repos/svn/Playground
> README.txt
> a/
> c.txt
> hallo.c
> keyword-test.txt
> test1234/
> testprogramm.c
> привет.txt

the export didn't change anything, it still fails:
> $ hostname
> deblndw024v
> $ svn --version -q
> 1.9.4
> $ locale
> LANG=de_DE.utf8
> LC_CTYPE="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_COLLATE="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_MONETARY="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_TIME="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.utf8"
> LC_ALL=de_DE.utf8
> $ svn ls https://deblndw011x.ad001.siemens.net/repos/svn/Playground
> README.txt
> a/
> c.txt
> hallo.c
> keyword-test.txt
> test1234/
> testprogramm.c
> {U+043F}{U+0440}{U+0438}{U+0432}{U+0435}{U+0442}.txt

Here is a basic program:
> 0# cat locale.c
> #include <locale.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <langinfo.h>
>
> int main(void) {
> char *l = NULL;
> l = setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
> printf("%s\n", l);
> char *nl = NULL;
> nl = nl_langinfo(CODESET);
> printf("%s\n", nl);
>
> return 0;
> }
> # aCC -o locale locale.c
# ./locale
C.utf8 C.utf8 C.utf8 C.utf8 C.utf8 C.utf8
utf8
> # LC_ALL=de_DE.utf8 ./locale
> de_DE.utf8 de_DE.utf8 de_DE.utf8 de_DE.utf8 de_DE.utf8 de_DE.utf8
> utf8

Looks good to me, doesn't it?

Anything else I can try? Bad libiconv or libapr?

Regards,

Michael
Received on 2019-05-02 11:40:35 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.