[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

svn log -r based on a start date suddenly no longer returns any revisions

From: Nate Kerkhofs <Nate.Kerkhofs_at_ikan.be>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 15:40:52 +0000


I have an issue with a subversion repository that suddenly, between 2 attempts roughly an hour or so apart, returns an empty xml list for the following command:

D:\vcrs\svn\Collabnet\bin\svn log -r {2008-01-01T00:00:00}:{2019-02-20T10:21:03} --username username --password password http://testmachine:8110/svn/svn/UNITTEST/trunk --xml -v

The xml returned is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>



It should find exactly 2 commits in this range, because running svn log on the same directory without any revision filter and no --xml or -v arguments returns the following:


r886 | (no author) | 2009-03-10 13:19:52 +0100 (di, 10 mrt 2009) | 1 line

deleted readme.txt


r876 | (no author) | 2009-03-10 10:33:56 +0100 (di, 10 mrt 2009) | 1 line

added extra files and folders


r3 | (no author) | 2005-11-10 15:38:33 +0100 (do, 10 nov 2005) | 1 line


r1 | (no author) | 2005-11-10 15:32:07 +0100 (do, 10 nov 2005) | 1 line

Initial import of Subversion Unit Test project


I had already created a stack overflow question on this issue at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54784054/subversion-log-command-doesnt-show-the-most-recent-revision-from-almost-10-year, but with no answers afterwards. We originally had this problem late last month (around the 20th of February), and we ended up having to restore that repository from a backup. This issue suddenly returned today. Every other aspect of our unit tests works without issues on the same repository.

Passing along a revision number instead of a start date returns the expected result: if we replace the date in 2008 with a 3 indicating we want to get everything since revision 3, we get the expected result.

I tried this both with a Collabnet svn.exe of version 1.8.19, and an Apache Subversion 1.11.1 client. We have this issue on multiple machines, so it doesn't seem to be anything machine specific, and nothing has changed in that period apart from tags added through the unittests.

I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, and as such would like to be CC'd in any discussions regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

Received on 2019-03-28 16:47:03 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.