RE: Subversion Server Replacement Query
From: Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:21:00 +0200
[ If possible, please use bottom-posting or inline replying on this list,
Op 20 sep. 2017 16:18 schreef "Saleh, Mai" <Mai_Saleh_at_mentor.com>:
Also mirror, does not get hooks, we have to reconfigure it right.
Dump+load or svnsync into the new FSFS format is not necessary, but like
This FAQ may be useful:
As noted there:
- svnsync is better at normalizing some issues with properties (among
- Apart from hooks and conf you also have to copy over locks (these are not
If you don't want to load into a new format back-end (because it takes too
- I think you can safely use rsync if your repository is offline /
- You might also want to look into "svnadmin hotcopy".
Also interesting to know: the next version of Subversion (1.10, currently
- New option --no-flush-to-disk to make it a lot faster (by not flushing
- New option --normalize-props to perform the same EOL normalization on
(Disclaimer: since 1.10 is not final yet, things may still change ...
Final release of 1.10 is still some months away though.
-- JohanReceived on 2017-09-20 20:21:06 CEST
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.