There is a "zombie" lock on a deleted file which prevents me from deleting
one of its still-existing parent directories from the svn repository. I'm
thinking it's a bug that allowed us to get into this state to begin with.
I'm hoping (1) that there's a workaround that will let me nuke it, and (2)
that the bug can be fixed.
Here's the basic deletion attempt:
C:\proj>svn del junk
C:\proj>svn commit -m "delete unused dir" junk
svn: E195022: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E195022: Directory 'C:\proj\junk' is locked in another working copy
svn: E160037: Cannot verify lock on path
'/repo/path/proj/junk/subdir/subdir2/file.txt'; no matching lock-token
And then I tried to delete the lock, to no avail:
C:\proj>svn unlock --force junk
svn: E155008: The node 'C:\proj\junk' is not a file
C:\proj>svn unlock --force junk\subdir\subdir2\file.txt
svn: E155010: The node 'C:\proj\junk\subdir' was not found.
We usually use TortoiseSVN, myself included. I'm using the latest 64-bit
TSVN (22.214.171.124038), and the command line svn that came with it (version
1. How did this happen?
2. How can I delete this directory tree?
3. Do I need to take further action to report the issue, so the developers
can prevent this trouble for others in the future?
svn, version 1.9.3 (r1718519)
compiled Dec 13 2015, 15:47:16 on x86-microsoft-windows
Copyright (C) 2015 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people;
see the NOTICE file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/
The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
- with Cyrus SASL authentication
- handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
- handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
- using serf 1.3.8 (compiled with 1.3.8)
- handles 'http' scheme
- handles 'https' scheme
The following authentication credential caches are available:
* Wincrypt cache in C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Subversion
Received on 2016-02-10 01:22:06 CET