[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: A couple of questions, please... (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Ryan Schmidt <subversion-2012c_at_ryandesign.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 17:27:24 -0500

On Jun 6, 2013, at 11:01, "Doughty, Stefan J CTR (US)" <stefan.j.doughty.ctr_at_mail.mil> wrote:

> Iíve been tasked to get a Certificate of Networthiness (CON) from the U.S. government so we can use Apache Subversion for version control. Iíve been using it for several years at home and I love it.
> 1. Is there perhaps a CON already? Iíve looked and saw an older one for Collabnet Subversion.
> 2. Iím filling out the form to apply for the CON, and I need a phone number and an address. Is that possible?


I'm not familiar with certificates of networthiness or other government requirements for software use. Do they only cover a specific version of the software? If so, and if the one you have is for an older version than the one you want to use, can you cite it in your request for an updated CON?

A Google search found this message about a CON having been obtained by the Army for Apache HTTPD Server 2.2.x:


Since version 1.7.0, Subversion is also part of the Apache Foundation, so perhaps it will help you to know that another Apache project has already been approved.

I'm not aware of a phone number for the Apache Foundation, but there is a central address:


Writing to the Legal Affairs Committee's mailing list might be fruitful:

Received on 2013-06-07 00:28:45 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.