[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Update fails to delete a line of code

From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:09:54 -0500

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Reed, David <DReed_at_cmal.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't answer that.  I did it last week, and this was my first chance to ask about it on the list.  Being under pressure to make it work, I ended up bypassing TortoiseSVN to force through my change, and so no longer have good forensic evidence.
>
> I thought perhaps there was a known issue that someone on the list would be familiar with.
>
> If it happens again, I'll try to document it better.  My sincere apologies!

For a really quick fix, I would have renamed the old file or moved it
out of the directory and done the update again. That would ensure a
new copy that exactly matched the repository version. But, the only
reason you shouldn't have gotten that in the first place would have
been uncommitted local modifications that conflicted.

-- 
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell_at_gmail.com
Received on 2012-04-04 22:10:26 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.