[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Assertion in merge.c failed while merging

From: Stein, Ruben <ruben.stein_at_mevis.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:23:08 +0000


I just got the following message from Tortoise-SVN 1.7.4:

line 2935: assertion failed (SVN_IS_VALID_REVNUM(rev_primary_url_deleted))

I was trying to continue with a merge operation. I am merging a range of
revisions from one branch's subtree to another one's corresponding
subtree. After merging the first revision-range, Tortoise requested me to
resolve any conflicts encountered so far. I did so and re-ran the merge
operation. It started downloading about 100MB (may be sensible respecting
the amount of revisions to be merged) without showing any changes and then
suddenly showed the above described error.

After this, I did a clear on the entire subtree I wanted to merge and
retried the merge operation. The problem is reproducible and occurs again
after the same amount of downloaded data.

I will try to do the merge in smaller intervals to test if I can localize
the problem in a specific version.

Regards, Ruben
Received on 2012-02-14 14:13:04 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.