[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: SVN 1.7 SVNParentPath broken

From: Tony Butt <Tony.Butt_at_cea.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:52:14 +1000

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 10:50 +1000, Tony Butt wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 03:11 +0300, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > Tony Butt wrote on Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 09:53:35 +1000:
> > > On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 06:56 +0300, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > > > Tony Butt wrote on Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:47:39 +1000:
> > > > > could not access my alpha2 created repository from beta2 using
> > > > > mod_dav_svn and apache.
> > > >
> > > > That's expected. Did you get the error documented at
> > > >
> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7#revprop-packing
> > > > or some other error?
> > > It was not that error, but some other. There was some mention of
> XML in
> > > the browser window. Sorry, I can't remeber more of it than that. I
> put
> > > it down to an upgrade incompatibility from alpha[2|3] to beta2,
> > > recreated the repo, and did not see the problem again.
> > >
> > > I can try to reproduce it using my alpha3 build if you like...
> >
> > If you have a beta1 or beta2 build, can you try:
> >
> > * Creating a repository using <=1.6.x or >=beta1
> Already have at least one of each
> > * Making sure you can access that repository
> Can definitely do that, for both 1.6.17, and 1.7.0 beta2
> > * Either: rm -rf the repository, and recreate it using 1.7.0-alpha3
> Recreated using alpha3
> > or: change '4' to '5' on the first line of $REPOS_DIR/db/format
> > * Trying to access the repository, reporting what error you get
> >
> Tried to access the repository using mod_dav_svn 1.7.0 beta2
>
> Saw this in the browser:
>
> This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
> with it. The document tree is shown below.
> <D:error><C:error/><m:human-readable errcode="160043">
> Could not open the requested SVN filesystem
> </m:human-readable></D:error>
>

I checked the apache logs, and found this:
[Thu Jul 28 10:48:14 2011] [error] [client 172.16.2.39] (20014)Internal error: Found format '5', only created by unreleased dev builds; see http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7#revprop-packing
[Thu Jul 28 10:48:14 2011] [error] [client 172.16.2.39] Could not fetch resource information. [500, #0]
[Thu Jul 28 10:48:14 2011] [error] [client 172.16.2.39] Could not open the requested SVN filesystem [500, #160043]
[Thu Jul 28 10:48:14 2011] [error] [client 172.16.2.39] Could not open the requested SVN filesystem [500, #160043]

I think this is what you were expecting.
> I checked the ownership of the repository files, all owned by www-data
>
> Other repo's in the tree can be accessed normally (1.6.17 and 1.7.0
> beta2)
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Daniel
> >
>
> --
> Tony Butt <tjb_at_cea.com.au>
> CEA Technologies
>
>

--
Tony Butt <tjb_at_cea.com.au>
CEA Technologies
Received on 2011-07-28 03:52:14 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.