[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

1.7.0-alpha1 feedback

From: Uwe Schuster <svn_at_bitcommander.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 01:09:31 +0200


I am new to this list and do usually look at the dev mailing list with
the web interface to get some information about the 1.7 progress. I've
noticed some problems with 1.7.0-alpha1 or better to say the revision
1136035 DLLs from svn-1.7.0-dev-win32-r1136035.zip and the Delphi client
I am working on. Meanwhile I've installed TSVN 1.6 and 1.6.99 in
parallel and can repeat the issues and want to let you know about the
issues. I can't spend much time on looking if these issues are already

1. Performance
2. APR error on checkout
3. Error when the URL is "different" from the actual URL

1. Performance
When I do checkout one of the other projects I am working on I do see a
huge performance difference between 1.6 and 1.7. The difference I do see
is much bigger than the values in your performance wiki.

The URL is

TSVN 1.6.16 (x64): 50 seconds (6,84 MB)

TSVN 1.6.99, Build 21594 (x64): 30 min 27 s (55,70 MB)

I do have a 6 MBit connection, am using Win 7 x64, 750 GB HDD and an old
Core2 Conroe 6400.

What I do see is that 1.7 jumps between folders

I see this with 1.7

Added: G:\svnwc17\source\common
Added: G:\svnwc17\experts\useswizard\JclWin32Ex.txt text/plain
Added: G:\svnwc17\experts\useswizard\JediUsesWizard.ini
Added: G:\svnwc17\source\common\JclContainerIntf.pas

while I do see this with 1.6

Added: G:\svnwc16\experts\useswizard\JclSysUtils.txt
Added: G:\svnwc16\experts\useswizard\JclWin32Ex.txt
Added: G:\svnwc16\experts\useswizard\JclEDI_UNEDIFACT_Ext.txt
Added: G:\svnwc16\experts\useswizard\JclContainerIntf.txt
Added: G:\svnwc16\experts\useswizard\JediUsesWizard.ini

2. APR error on checkout

When I checkout something from a private repo (Visual SVN 2.1.6) the
checkout stops somewhen with an error with 1.7 in contrast to 1.6.

TSVN tells me this error
Error: Error retrieving REPORT (108): Unknown error

When running Version Insight under the Debugger I got this error

Project bds.exe raised exception class ESvnError with message 'Error
retrieving REPORT (620019): APR does not understand this error code'.

followed by

Project bds.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message
'Access violation at address 6385F7C8 in module 'libsvn_ra-1.dll'. Read
of address FEEEFF0A'.

Unfortunately I can't provide you with the URL, because the content in
the repo is confidential.

3. Error when the URL is "different" from the actual URL

I do have a repo on a Visual SVN 2.1.6 server and it's root URL is

Checking out https://localhost/svn/testing/trunk works, but
https://localhost:443/svn/testing/trunk fails with 1.7 with the error
'https://localhost:443/svn/testing/trunk' isn't in the same repository
as 'https://localhost/svn/testing'
with 1.6 this works

This is also a problem with the externals in the repo from 1.
There I do get the error too
isn't in the same repository as

Uwe Schuster
Received on 2011-06-21 01:10:10 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.