[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Translation of errors

From: Roch Auburtin <rauburtin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 13:43:25 +0100


I try to get all error messages translated in French.
I use svn version 1.6.4 on Ubuntu server and access the repositories
through Apache + mod_dav_svn

I have compiled svn from source and compiled the french .mo file, then I
placed the .mo file in the correct place.
I also set the language as follow:

     export LC_ALL='fr_FR.UTF-8'

To get error messages, I committed a working folder which was not
up-to-date and I obtained:

svn ci -m 'test delete'
Suppression dir1
svn: Échec de la propagation (commit), détails :
svn: Item '/dir1' is out of date

As you can see, only a part of the errors are translated.
The message "Item '/dir1' is out of date" is not translated.

I guessed that I had this problem because this error is raised by the
code running on the server.

So I tried to set the language in the envvars file of apache such as:

export LANG='fr_FR.UTF-8'
export LC_ALL='fr_FR.UTF-8'

I restarted apache but I got the same pb.
I googled to find a solution to this problem and it seems that the
problem is related to the mod_dav_svn code that don't use the defined

Could you confirm that I am right and do you know a solution to this
Received on 2011-02-06 13:44:22 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.