> -----Original Message-----
> From: Johan Corveleyn [mailto:jcorvel_at_gmail.com]
> Sent: 11. november 2010 14:29
> To: Engebakken Geir
> Cc: users_at_subversion.apache.org
> Subject: Re: svnsync error
> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Engebakken Geir
> <geir.engebakken_at_edb.com> wrote:
> > I have this error that I have searched the net for,and found a lot of
> incidents similar, but I cannot find a way to resolve this. The error
> is well known, I think :
> > svnsync: Cannot accept 'svn:ignore' property because it is not
> encoded in UTF-8
> > The error looks straightforward, something fishy about the svn:ignore
> property possibly from a pre-1.6.x commit where the check for UTF-8 was
> not that strict.
> > In the db/transactions dir the dead transaction is saved as 54270-
> xxxx, so I supposed the revision with wrong svn:ignore was 54270, but
> svn info on the synced repository says 54271 is the latest revision.
> > I have tried to find the offending sn:ignore in the source
> repository, but svnproget doesn't list any svn:ignore for those
> revisions. This is how I run the svn proget.
> > [root_at_alp-edbbfsvn db]# svn pg --revprop 'svn:ignore' -r 54270
> > [root_at_alp-edbbfsvn db]#
> > Nothing is returned, and the same for revision 54271.
> > Could anyone explain what I do wrong here?
> svn:ignore is normally not a revision property (revprop), but a
> *versioned* property (see the book for explanation about the
> differences between those two). I.e. it's attached to a file or
> directory, and was added or edited in either 54270 or 54271.
> So, I think you'll find it by first examining which files had
> properties added/updated in those revisions, and then propgetting on
> those files (with a peg revision). Something like this:
> # svn log -v -r 54270 file:///source/java
> <check which files/dirs had properties added/updated (A or U in second
> # svn propget svn:ignore
> I'm not sure how you would be able to fix them though (since it's a
> versioned property, you can't just edit it like a revision property;
> it's part of the history).
> Maybe some of the folks on this list with more svnsync experience know
> how to cope with this...
Indeed, you are right, as I found iouyt and posted in another mail. The error was due to Norwegian characterset not in UTF-8 in svn:ignore but how to fix this is now the question.
One possibility is dump/fix/load, but the repository is quite large (180000 revisions and 20 Gb, so I fear the size of the dump file!)
I have seen some references to a fixed svnsync that can take encoding as a parameter, but I don't know if this is in an official Svn release. We are running 1.6.5 now.
Note : All inquiries regarding Subversion, MKS and general Development servers should be directed to "EDB SourceControl System"
Received on 2010-11-11 15:40:45 CET