[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svnsync checksum error

From: Terry Inzauro <opensrcguru_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 22:59:41 -0500

On 11/06/2010 07:29 PM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
>> From: opensrcguru [mailto:opensrcguru_at_gmail.com]
>> Today, the sync process started failing on 1 repo (all others were
>> unaffected) on both r/o copies at the exact same time/same revision
>> with errors similar to the following...
>> Transmitting file data .svnsync: Base checksum mismatch on
>> '/path/to/file/foo/bar':
>> expected: 2f2e025c4c4855e7466799a877b3e23d
>> actual: 272214b9518d352e16e7eeceeb22f573
> I recently had the same problem. I never found any cause for it, but I did manage to deal with it somewhat better than you did. On the master, I did svnadmin hotcopy, then I tarred up the backup and sent it to the slave, and extracted it. I had to configure the slave hook scripts, and the revprop rev 0 properties, and then I was able to svnsync to the slave again. The main point of difference ... No need to wait for 65k commits to transfer. Since it's starting from a recent backup, it's enormously faster.

Yes, that sounds quite a bit easier/quicker. I didn't realise the r/o copies maintained by svnsync were that similar to the
r/w copies they get their data from. Thank you for the information.

I've found a handful of other cases similar to ours. Do you think a bug report is warranted or is this unique to our

kind regards,

Received on 2010-11-07 05:00:24 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.