[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: svnserve.exe (Win32) using 2GB of memory and then crashing?

From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s_at_daniel.shahaf.name>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 02:15:39 +0200

Chris Tashjian wrote on Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 20:07:02 -0400:
>> AFAIK we do log errors in svnserve.
> I just looked at the current 540MB log file and the word "Error" only
> appears in file names committed to the repository. I don't see a single
> stacktrace in there either. So maybe svnserve is just hanging w/o error?

Maybe. Fire a debugger and check?

>> 'svnadmin upgrade' was never required.
> I ran it when we moved to 1.5 to take advantage of svn:mergeinfo. I
> just ran it again, it took about a second to run.

So you just changed the environment a little. Okay...

>> What does $REPOS/db/format say?
> "5"

Wrong format file. Please look at the file 'db/format', not the file
'format'. Thanks.

>> With FSFS but not with BDB, or vice-versa. Or, for that matter, with
>> FSFS format-4 but not with FSFS format-3 (i.e., with/without
>> --pre-1.6-compatible).
> Ah, I haven't tried to mess around with the formats at all. Granted, I
> don't know if I just bumped it to "5" with that svnadmin upgrade, or if
> it was already there. The output from the command said the repository
> had been upgraded, not that it was already upgraded (but I don't know if
> it'd say that).

It's output is the same in both cases (whether or not it found the
 filesystem already upgraded) --- and, yes, that's a (minor) bug.
Received on 2010-11-05 01:18:30 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.