Trying to build Subversion on Visual Studio 2008
From: PGSEM Contractor 4 <PGSEM.Contractor.4_at_pgs.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 17:01:30 +0000
I'm trying to build Subversion on VS2008 but am missing something. Could I get some pointers please?
What I've done so far (based on the instructions in the INSTALL text file in src-trunk) is:
* Downloaded an SVN client
* Checked out src-trunk ( svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk src-trunk ) into C:\SVN
* Downloaded subversion-deps-1.6.13.zip and distributed its contents into C:\SVN
* Downloaded and installed other mandatory prerequisites but none of the optional ones.
* Set up my environment variables in a VS2008 command prompt
* Converted the Apache/APR .dsp files to .vcproj
I haven't tried to build Apache 2 because it looks like the command requires the optional prerequisites which I haven't downloaded (e.g. the Berkeley stuff and the openssl stuff).
When I get to trying to run Visual Studio's command line (devenv) I can't locate the subversion_vcnet.sln file, nor the earlier subversion_msvc.dsw file.
What step(s) have I missed?
Any help gratefully received.
This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.