On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 01:57:32PM -0500, Justin Johnson wrote:
> For anyone who is interested, I tried adding the source code for the linux
> 184.108.40.206 kernel to a working copy and committing. From Windows (1.6.2
> command line) the commit slowed down rather quickly and consumed all my
> memory. It took so long (5 hours +) I eventually just killed the process.
> I then tried the same thing from a Solaris (1.6.2) working copy. It went
> much faster, but still slowed down after a while and eventually failed
> with the following error.
> Out of memory - terminating application.
> So the problem is on Windows and UNIX, but I'm still waiting to hear if
> the leak affects the 1.6.2 server at all, and also when the 1.6.3 release
> will be out.
1.6.3 should be out soon.
If you can't wait, grab http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.6.x
which already contains a fix which should lessen the impact of the
overall memory problem during commit. But note that adding, rather than
importing, the Linux source tree might not work until issue #1964 has
really been fixed.
Received on 2009-06-09 12:38:26 CEST