Hi, can anybody help with this question?
Here are the steps that led to the problem:
- created a feature branch from trunk and switched the working copy to that branch
- worked on the branch for some days (committing several times)
- I want to synch the branch with the changes made to trunk, so I merge trunk into the branch
- no I have files in my working copy where a svn:mergeinfo property was added by the merge
- this also happened on some 3rd-party libraries, which were added to trunk long ago, but which were never modified in any way (neither in trunk nor in the branch)
Since I don't understand why the mergeinfo
properties were added, I'm not sure if I'm seeing a bug or if I made a mistake.
My primary question is: can I commit my working copy to the branch (including the files with the added mergeinfo property) or will this result in problems later on (e.g. when reintegrating the branch to trunk)?
I'm using TortoiseSVN, based on SVN 1.5.5. The server is SVN 1.5.4 (if that's relevant).
Please see also this thread on the TSVN-users list: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1225619
Thanks for any help.
> Hi, I have created a feature branch some time ago and now I want to update (sync) it with the changes made on trunk in the meantime.
> Therefore I'm merging from trunk into my working copy (which is based on the feature branch). After the merge some files in my working copy are show as modfied, even though they were not modified in trunk or in my branch since the branch was created.
> I'm using TortoiseSVN, so I don't know what the exact SVN commands are, but here are the details (as far as I know them):
> The server is running SVN 1.5.4.
> The client uses TSVN 1.5.8 (based on SVN 1.5.5).
> I'm merging any revisions from trunk to my branch (since the branch was created). No merge has been made before.
> After the merge I can see the following difference on a file:
> Property changes on: C:\Projects\MyProject-branchXY\libs\SomeLib.dll
> Modified: svn:mergeinfo
> Merged /trunk/libs/SomeLib.dll:r2718-2814
> Why am I seeing this? Is this a bug, am I making a mistake or is this expected.
> Thanks a lot for your help
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-02-28 08:02:12 CET