I have a little color I can add to this discussion. We too use Maven, but I'm 99% sure this has nothing to do with it. Here's what I've done:
1. Ran a release in Maven; failed with the error everyone else is seeing (svn: File '...' already exists)
2. In a command prompt on our build box, changed to the project's working directory that was created by the Maven build. From there, ran a "svn --non-interactive copy -m <message> . <test destination>" manually (same command that Maven runs, save for an explicit message rather than --file). Got the same error.
3. Queried the working copy to see if any files were changed. No files were changed, but about 10 new files were present (relics from the aborted build).
4. Deleted the new files and ran the command again. Failed again with same error.
5. Ran an update on my working copy. No changes happened (no new files, deleted files, or changed files), but something happened because...
6. Ran the command again, and it worked.
Some things to note:
- We're on Windows Server 2003.
- I installed SVN using various methods (msi, unzip), and they all fail. We have 1.5.2 with the Apache 2.0 bindings.
- This problem doesn't happen with SVN 1.5.0, but it does happen with 1.5.1.
To me, this most definitely appears to be a SVN bug.
From: Jeremy Whitlock [mailto:jcscoobyrs_at_gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 11:19 PM
To: James William Dumay
Subject: Re: Mac OS X + SVN 1.5.1 = Branch problem
> If you read the issue I posted a link to you can see that this problem
> occurs on both Mac OS 10.5 and Linux (Ubuntu).
> Whats even stranger is that this problem occurs even if you run the
> command manually without --non-interactive
> I don't know how this would be related to svn's bug 3059 - this almost
> certainly is a problem with Subversion.
It was just a shot in the dark. I did, for some reason, forget that
this was not specific to OSX. I guess the mystery continues on.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-09-11 20:34:39 CEST