svn mergeinfo reporting erroneous data
I have just started using svn-1.5. I upgraded built and installed a new 1.5 client and server and then moved and upgraded my repositories from a 1.4.6 server.
Subversion command seem to be working fine i.e., I can checkout, commit, copy, …
However, I am getting weird mergeinfo reported back to me after I have used the new “svn merge” tracking features.
Here is the workflow that I am trying:
- created branch ProjectA from trunk
- populate ProjectA workspace
- created branch Feature1 from ProjectA branch
- populate Feature1 branch
- in ProjectA workspace I change a foo.c and commit it to get r5413
- I then change bar.c and commit it to get r5414
- From the Feature1 workspace I now run “svn mergeinfo http://URL <http://url/> to ProjectA branch/ --show-revs eligible” this command reports back exactly what I would expect i.e., r5413 and r5414
- Again from my Feature1 workspace I merge these changes in via “svn merge http://URL <http://url/> to ProjectA branch/”
- I now run “svn mergeinfo http://URL <http://url/> to ProjectA branch/” however, this time it reports back a whole bunch of extra revision I am seeing revisions dating back to 18 months ago the last two revisions reported are 5413 and 5414 however, where do these extra revisions come from?
- Note that when I run svn propget svn:mergeinfo I notice extra merge properties that DEFINITLY should not be there i.e.,
If anyone has some ideas of what might be going wrong here I would love to hear them. Note if I look at my svn properties prior to the merge i.e., proplist there are none defined so this one merge created all of these properties.
Could it be that something in my history carried over from 1.4.x is causing this to happen?
Received on 2008-08-13 01:15:02 CEST
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users