[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: problem with svn log on relocated svn directory

From: Christopher Eltschka <christopher.eltschka_at_physik.uni-regensburg.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:13:16 +0200

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Sounds like the switch --relocate did not work at least for the bar
> directory. Go to the bar directory and type svn info. Does it show
> the new or old URL? If the old one, can it be relocated to the new
> one or do you get an error?

Thanks, that was it. Actually it turns out that my error was to use just
the directory names instead of file:///directory for switch --relocate.
However I think it should have at least given an error message then,
instead of silently not working (even the error return code was zero).

But I think it would be even better if it worked anyway. An easy way to
get that would be to simply treat every "URL" starting with / as local
file (i.e. basically do a sed 's:^/:file:///:' on the URL arguments).

And my checks of course all worked, because I did them *before* removing
the old repository! I just wasn't aware that I didn't use the new one
right away, because after all I didn't get an error message (not even a
non-zero return code).

But anyway, now everything works OK again (as far as I can tell :-)).
Many thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_subversion.tigris.org
Received on 2008-04-23 16:27:15 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.