[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

found format '2'

From: <sakshale_at_equoria.net>
Date: 2007-08-29 08:14:26 CEST

We have a Subversion repository is on a Mac OS X system. About two
weeks ago we updated it from 10.4.8 to 10.4.10, but the first inkling
that there was a problem was yesterday.

# svnadmin verify db
svnadmin: Expected repository format '3' or '5'; found format '2'

# /usr/local/bin/svn --version
svn, version 1.4.4 (r25188)
    compiled Jun 15 2007, 09:34:00
# /usr/bin/db_stat -V
Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December 3, 2003)

I attempted to do the back archive upgrade involving the
building of a older version, following this procedure;

# /usr/local/svn_rescue/bin/svn --version
svn, version 1.2.3 (r15833)
    compiled Aug 29 2007, 09:08:13
# /usr/local/svn_rescue/bin/db_stat -V
Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December 3, 2003)
# /usr/local/svn_rescue/bin/svnadmin verify db
svnadmin: Expected format '3' of repository; found format '2'

Before I spend a lot of time spinning my wheels building multiple,
alternative versions, I figured I better ask for advice.

Unfortunately, I got three programmers waiting to check out that
version of their code, so they aren't too happy.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Wed Aug 29 19:43:26 2007

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.