I observe some weird behaviour with SVN checkouts via HTTPS using
Eclipse. Please advise on how to debug this further, or what component
to look at closer (details below):
- Is this a server-side configuration issue?
- Is it an Eclipse/Subversive issue which I should post on a related
- Both of the above?
- Something I didn't think of at all?
- Not decidable yet, further information (which?) needed?
* server-side: Apache2 with mod_dav_svn 1.4.3 (from Blastwave/CSW,
running on Solaris 9)
* checkout, commit, etc. works _fine_ with the svn 1.4.2 command line
client on Linux x86 (kdesvn works fine, too)
(Apache's access log says (among lots of PROPFIND log entries):
"REPORT /repos/xxx/!svn/vcc/default HTTP/1.1" 200 279670)
* repository _browsing_ works fine in Eclipse 3.2 (using SVN Team
Provider 1.1.2 + SVNKit 1.1.1 or JavaSVN 1.0.4)
* repository _checkout_ fails in Eclipse with this error message (from
"Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository
REPORT of '/repos/xxx/!svn/vcc/default': 500 Internal Server Error (https://xxx.xxx.xxx)"
* Eclipse's Console View says
"*** Check Out
svn checkout "https://xxx.xxx.xxx/repos/xxx/trunk@HEAD" -r HEAD "/home/some_valid_target_dir" --username "myusername"
svn: Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository
svn: REPORT of '/repos/xxx/!svn/vcc/default': 500 Internal Server Error (https://xxx.xxx.xxx/)
*** Error (took 00:01.788)"
* Using exactly this "svn checkout ..." command line from a shell
* Apache's error log says
"Could not parse 'src-path' URL. [500, #190001]
Unusable URI: it does not refer to this repository [500, #190001]"
* Apache's access log says
"REPORT /repos/xxx/!svn/vcc/default HTTP/1.1" 500 246
* Checkouts from within Eclipse with repositories from another
VirtualHost on that server _work_ (that's what makes me believe my
Apache configuration is broken)
excerpt from httpd.conf:
# virtual host for https://xxx.xxx.xxx/
# General setup for the virtual host
Received on Wed Jun 20 16:51:47 2007