We are on CVS and are planing to migrate to subversion version control
system, but are facing a peculiar problem that I wanted to discuss here in
order to get some kind of solution.
We had used viewcvs to provide web-based read-only access to CVS repository.
We have a number of documents that contain references to CVS repository
through http links (like
Now migration to SVN has created a problem of invalidating those links
because of revision number format. In CVS we used to had revision numbers
like 1.4, 1.5 etc, but in SVN there are integer revision number (ref.
Version Control with Subversion Appendix A). Changing links in all documents
is not a viable option for us as there are large number of such documents.
Kindly let me know if anyone had faced such problem during CVS-SVN
migration, and if so is there a way to resolve this.
Received on Thu Oct 5 10:02:18 2006
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users