[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

301 Moved Permanently

From: Matt Duffy <Matt_Duffy_at_kessler.com>
Date: 2006-09-16 01:00:34 CEST

Hello,
I don't know if my earlier attempts to post actually have gone through or not (I don't see them in the archive yet), but I thought I would pass along something that has just worked for me to get rid of the frustrating "301 Moved Permanently" error.

For various reasons, my httpd.conf entry of svn looks (in part) like this:

     <Location />
         DAV svn
         SVNParentPath /Volumes/Vsites/SVNRepository
         AuthType Basic
         AuthName "Kessler SF developers"
         AuthuserFile /Volumes/Vsites/SVNRepository/svn_user_auth.htacces
         Satisfy Any
         Require valid-users
     </Location>

Basically every svn operation seemed to work fine except for creating branches. This is where I would get the 301 error. The FAQ.html didn't really help me understand the problem, but just monkeying around with it, I got it to work by adding the below directive just before the Location:

     Alias / /Volumes/Vsites/SVNRepository

Everything works now for me. I'll be the first to admin that its probably not a real solid solution, but at least its allowing development work to continue...

Hope this helps somebody else. I spent WAY too much time on this issue. I still love using svn though.

Cheers,
Matt

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Sep 16 01:49:13 2006

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.