[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

[BUG] svn:executable and symlinks

From: Eric Wong <normalperson_at_yhbt.net>
Date: 2005-06-23 07:46:18 CEST

The svn:executable property isn't (always) handled in the correct order
for symlinks.

I had a bunch of scripts and also symlinks to those scripts in one
directory that I needed to make executable. Naturally, the fastest way
was to just run this:

        svn propset svn:executable ON *

and set svn:executable on everything in the directory, even the symlinks
there. That was the only change I made when I committed the changes.

Then another user tried to do a fresh checkout of the directory I was
working on. Unfortunately, `svn co' created some of the symlinks before
the original file it linked to was created and tried to set
svn:executable on it. This caused the checkout to fail.

I've made a small repo and was able to reproduce the bug (after the
second try, if you look closely :); you may download the test repository


A quick workaround for this was to check out the previous revision of the
directory, and then `svn up' to the latest.

Please CC replies to me as I am not subscribed, thanks.

Eric Wong

Received on Thu Jun 23 12:19:10 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.