[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: please HELLLPP!!! svnadmin recover isn't doing the trick...

From: Max Bowsher <maxb_at_ukf.net>
Date: 2005-06-11 21:05:31 CEST

Joseph Villard wrote:
> Here is what I did to fix it (it took me all night to figure it out).
> I erased the uuid table in the repo/db directory. Then from the home
> directory, I ran "db_recover -c -h path/to/repo". Finally, it
> recovered without errors. Then I dumped it to a new repo. Renamed it
> to the old repo name and everything seems to be working great.

You mean "-h path/to/repo/db", I think.

Yes, that would work around the problem if only the uuids table was damaged.

I'm not sure whether you restored the original uuid of the repository, or
had it generate a new one. I'm not sure quite what the effects of a
repository changing uuid would be - I forced such a situation on one of my
repositories, and it didn't seem to have much effect, other than scattering
my working copy .svn/entries files with unexpected additional uuid


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Sat Jun 11 21:07:30 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.