After a lengthy delay, I finally updated my CodeWarrior VCS plugin
with support for Subversion 1.2. New bits this time around are:
* Upgraded to underlying Subversion 1.2 client library. That allows
the plugin to support the new reserved checkout behavior (via Lock/
Unlock in the main VCS menu). See the 1.2 release notes for more
info. I strongly suggest reading the Subversion release notes because
the semantics of Lock/Unlock might seem strange to someone coming
from a reserved checkout SCM system. Note that locks are auto-
released upon commit. Lastly, hold down the option key when choosing
Lock to supply a custom lock comment.
* A bug was fixed in the underlying Subversion client library so that
diffs against BASE no longer hit the repository.
* No longer touch any file permissions if the "Make files read-only"
pref is off.
Note that a side effect of this change is that, if you turn the
read-only pref on and then off, the files will not be made writable
again. Since it is assumed you will only set the pref one way or the
other, this doesn't seem like a big deal. There are good performance
gains to be had by not touching the files if we don't have to.
* "Make files read-only" pref is no longer the default.
* Properly translate commit comments into UTF-8 with Unix EOLs.
* Fix egregious memory usage explosion during VCS status
synchronization operations for projects with a large number of files.
Trust me, it was embarassingly huge.
* Fix bug where files that only had modified properties were not
being shown as modified during status checks.
*** NOTE ***
This version MAY not work on Panther. I built the Subversion library
on Tiger and don't know if any Tiger dependencies snuck in. Setting
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.2 when building Subversion made
CodeWarrior go into a death spiral when linking in the resulting
library so I had to just build "for" Tiger. Please let me know asap
if the plugin doesn't load on Panther and I'll try to scare up a
Panther machine to build Subversion on. Sorry for any inconvenience.
See the web page for more details and to download the disk image. At
the moment, it is Mac-only but that's just a time constraint issue
more than anything else.
P.S. Due to an apparent quirk of the way Safari automounts
downloaded .dmg files (in Tiger at least), if you double-click on the
ReadMe.html symlink at the top level of the disk image, Safari will
be unable to resolve the symlink. Just open the docs/index.html file
instead. If you mount the disk image normally and double-click on
the ReadMe.html file, it will work as you expect. The automounted
disk images are apparently mounted in an unusual place and this
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
Received on Thu Jun 9 20:27:13 2005