[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: svn propset -R is failing on svn:external properties

From: Dunne, Eoin <eoin.dunne_at_ihsenergy.com>
Date: 2005-06-08 00:26:04 CEST

I wanted to change a recursive property we have set under \trunk. This used
to be no problem but this is now failing however due to some strangeness
with svn:external links. There seems to be two potential problems...the
first is that I can't seem to keep my working copy up to date as the
external links almost always update for some reason. I updated about 4
times in 10 minutes and the only thing that was updating was the external
projects. Why this occurs I don't know.

 

The second problem is that setting a subversion property with these external
links seems to fail even if my working copy is up to date (or as close as I
can get it).

 

I'm looking for ideas on how to solve this issue.

 

1. Either were using svn:external wrong
2. There is a bug in subversion that is preventing the propset -R from
working properly with svn:external.

 

I've started trolling through the various news groups, but I haven't found
this specific problem as of yet. So if someone has ideas please let me
know.

 

This 3 minute change to has turned into half a day project.

 
Received on Wed Jun 8 00:28:02 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.