[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Server Hooks not working

From: Florian Engelhardt <f.engelhardt_at_21torr.com>
Date: 2005-05-20 15:01:09 CEST


On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:58:52 +0200 (CEST)
"Peter N. Lundblad" <peter@famlundblad.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 May 2005, Florian Engelhardt wrote:
> >
> > svn@svn test $ svn up
> > svn: XML parser failed in ''
> >
> Did you remove your WC between the first and second checkout?

Of course.

> > I found out, there are many files missing in the .svn dir and in the
> > .svn/props dir. Manualy fixing this is not an opinion.
> > Maybe these two bugs are one?
> >
> We haven't confirmed there is a bug yet. (Oh, there is one: the server
> doesn't generate all error info it could when the hook script
> execution fails.)

Thats true. BTW: Is there any kind of logging in subversion itself?

> > Example:
> > svn@svn test $ svn diff func.data.php
> > Aborted
> >
> this seems like an unrelated bug. Maybe you have installation
> problems, or we don't gracefully handle broken working copies in all
> cases. If you could run this in a debugger such as GDB and post the
> stack trace, it would be helpful.

We are upgrading to subversion 1.1.4 right now. After that we will
restart the daemon and see if it works.
I will post again, after that is done.
I have found some pages about this problem, it relays in the "XML Parser
error" from above:

The xml file entries seems to have some wrong content, see for example
this entry:

Check the text-time and prop-time fields ;)


Florian Engelhardt

To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri May 20 14:59:50 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.