[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: Subversion bugs

From: <Martin.Budsjo_at_astrazeneca.com>
Date: 2005-05-03 15:51:48 CEST

> On May 3, 2005, at 4:47 AM, Martin.Budsjo@astrazeneca.com wrote:
>
>> Problem two:
>>
>> When we tried to correct the faulty file that was migrated Subversion
>> is unable to detect that we have made any changes to the file. To make
>> the reproduction the error easy we copied the original bb file
>> from the CVS checkout area into the bb.ok filename and added it into
>> Subversion. Then we show (see below) that subversion cant tell the
>> difference from the "migrated" binary file to the bb.ok file when we
>> overwrite the bb file with bb.ok. It have not problem seeing the
>> difference the other way around though, copying he faulty bb over
>> bb.ok and subversion detects the change to bb.ok file.
>>
>> This is completely illogical to me so I assume it's a bug in
>> Subversion.
>>
>
>No, this is an expected effect of the svn:eol-style and svn:keywords
>properties being 'detranslated' when you run 'svn diff' and 'svn
>status'.
>
>To solve your problem, remove those two properties, then commit. Then
>overwrite the file with the good one, and set 'svn:mime-type' to
>'application/x-octet-stream' or some other non-text type.
>
>Alternately, you can simply 'svn rm' the old file, and 'svn add' the
>new file.

I Curse myself for not reading the manual properly, or even using the 'svn
proplist command'..

Thanks for the explanation!

Regards
Martin Budsjö

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue May 3 15:56:38 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.