[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: commit oddity

From: Patrick Burleson <pburleson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-04-26 14:17:46 CEST

On 4/26/05, Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Madan U Sreenivasan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 00:45, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry. I don't follow. Both r576 and r574 are both commits of new files,
> >> but in one of them (r576), svn prefixed the filename by scripts/, (when
> >> pulling up the editor on doing 'svn ci'). In the other (r574) it did not.
> >> I don't see a reason for this.
> > Oh, sorry, I didnt get your question right. I did a check. I think...
> >
> > for r574 you did a
> > svn ci uncorr_avreldist.result
> > ( only for the required file )
> >
> > for r576 you did a
> > svn ci
> > ( for the whole repos )
> >
> > My tests here show that this would cause the difference you are
> > mentioning. Pl. check and let me know.
> That sounds very likely. Is this documented anywhere, and is there any
> reason for it? Thanks.

I doubt it's documented anywhere, but I think the reasoning might be
that in the first case, you were explicit about what file you were
checking in, so Subversion didn't provide the directory. In the second
case, Subversion got the implicit '.' as the target and did a
recursive scan for files that needed to be commited. In this second
case, to remove ambiguity, it added the directory to the beginging. Or
at least, that's my best guess of what went on.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Tue Apr 26 14:20:46 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.