Trouble with the IMPORT command
From: Kevin M. Green <kevin.green_at_smooware.com>
Date: 2005-03-27 19:01:37 CEST
I am using
SVNSERVE V1.1.3 is running on
Windows Server 2003 using the FSFS option.
TortoiseSVN Version 188.8.131.522 running on
Windows XP TabletPC Edition SP1
On the client machine I have set up an
'image' of what I would like my repository to look like.
It contains approximately 6000 files in 500 folders.
When I run the import function it shows that it is
adding many of the files but then stops and shows an
1. I added the folder I wish to import to into the repository.
2. I select the folder on the client machine
3. I right click and select the Tortoise SVN> menu option
4. I select the Import... option
5. I select the URL of the Repository (matches the folder I wish to import)
6. The Action Adding ... file list message box is displayed
7. Then the process stops and one of the following error messages are
Checksum mismatch for resulting fulltext
(PATH.../image187.png); [different file each time I run]
expected checksum: 48d2aecd44b699421d63048fd47cd550
actual checksum: 8d4bc6fa4d9f18db1e0427762d921f92
Invalid diff stream: [new] insn 4178 overflows the new data section
Invalid diff stream: [new] insn 1783 overflows the target view
8. I click OK and OK and done.
I tried it a few times - checksum error occurred on different files.
Overflow errors are less frequent.
I was able to import a different project with about 1800 files in 200
- but it took numerous attempts.
I received the same type of errors but it finally got through all the files
and the import was successful.
I posted this issue first with the TortoiseSVN project and
the persons there suggested I try to run the svn client and see the results.
So I tried the svn client running on the server itself.
I encountered the same problem when I used the 'svn://'
syntax to identify the repository.
The import worked when I used the 'file:///' syntax.
I was just trying to check out the project and I received the same error as
I hope I have provided enough information.
Please contact me with any suggestions, work-arounds, questions or comments.
Thanks in advance for reviewing this.
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.