[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Problems using subversion on FreeBSD (was: Problems using subversion on Fedora)

From: Jason Taylor <jtaylor_at_bastyr.edu>
Date: 2005-03-18 22:24:29 CET

John Szakmeister wrote:
> Jason Taylor wrote:
>
>>Michael wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I just installed SVN with Apache2 on Fedora Core 3 and just can't get
>>>it to work correctly.
>>>
>>>The log show the following messages:
>>>
>>>[Thu Mar 17 19:44:41 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.41] (20014)Error
>>>string not specified yet: Berkeley DB error while opening environment
>>>for filesystem /usr/local/svnrepos/azaimage/db:\nPermission denied
>>>[Thu Mar 17 19:44:41 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.41] Could not
>>>fetch resource information. [500, #0]
>>>[Thu Mar 17 19:44:41 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.41] Could not
>>>open the requested SVN filesystem [500, #160029]
>>>[Thu Mar 17 19:44:41 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.41] Could not
>>>open the requested SVN filesystem [500, #160029]
>>>
>>>I already revised permissions to be set to the user Apache is running
>>>under.
>>>I also tried setting the whole repository to CHMOD 777 and same error .-(
>>>
>>>Does anyone know what else could be the problem?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>Miguel
>>>
>>
>>This looks suspiciously like the same problem I'm having, though I'm
>>using an fsfs backend. Sorry, but I haven't figured out how to fix it
>>yet either.
>
>
> Take a look at the FAQ, especially if you have SELinux enabled:
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#reposperms
>
> -John
Unfortunately, th SELinux fix isn't going to help me (different OS).
Here's a copy of my original message:

Every time I do a checkout whether via TortoiseSVN or command line, I
get an error like:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/BotanicalMedicine/herbarium/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/BotanicalMedicine/herbarium/trunk': 500 Internal
Server Error (http://pippin)

The .svn directory and everything (AFAIK) inside it is created, but
nothing else. I can then do an update and it works without error. From
that point, I can commit, merge, or do anything else and everything
works without error. The checkout then immediately update workaround is
not terrible, but this on little error is driving me crazy. :-)

This is on FreeBSD 4.11, Apache 2.0.53, SVN 1.1.3. I have multiple
repositories and multiple projects within most of them. All
repositories are fsfs and on a mounted smb share. The error occurs
regardless of repository or project. I've tried setting the file and
directory permissions to 777 via the mount_smbfs command and it made no
difference.

httpd-error.log:
[Wed Mar 16 20:54:25 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (20014)Error
string not specified yet: Error opening db lockfile
[Wed Mar 16 20:54:25 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Could not fetch
resource information. [500, #0]
[Wed Mar 16 20:54:25 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Could not open the
requested SVN filesystem [500, #11]
[Wed Mar 16 20:54:25 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Could not open the
requested SVN filesystem [500, #11]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Mar 18 22:26:58 2005

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.