[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Bug with revisions?

From: Jani Averbach <jaa_at_jaa.iki.fi>
Date: 2004-07-15 21:44:36 CEST

On 2004-07-15 13:48-0500, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
>
> (And yes, I believe the timestamp/filesize are being grabbed from the
> working file in a single stat() already. We compare the timestamp to
> the one recorded in the .svn/entries file (which is cached in memory).
> If a filesize check is necessary, we compare the filesize to that of the
> .svn/text-base/ copy, which requires another stat().)
>

More worse, if we bail back to the filesize check we have to first call
"svn_wc_translated_file" which will create translated copy of
text-base, and this is a _heavy_ operation. This have to do because we
don't have the original filesize of translated file in entries
file. It would be nice to have an original filesize and md5 sum of
translated file, but we don't have...

BR, Jani

-- 
Jani Averbach
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Thu Jul 15 21:45:58 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.