Newbie: Unable to Create Layout and Import Initial Data (Subversion & TortoiseSVN)
From: Vera O Newman <mynix_at_adelphia.net>
Date: 2004-04-01 02:56:33 CEST
I have just installed Subversion and TortoiseSVN recently for my team to work through a WebDav environment (Apache 2.x/ Windows XP)
After the install install.. I am able to go to the website and log into the Subversion area (of course nothing is there yet)..
Understanding I need a basic layout I went about going through the command prompt area to figure out how to create they layout. (Subversion)
I have tried a few things with numerous Errors:
2. snv mkdir trunk http://(website):8080/svn/repos -- -m initial repository layout'
3. snv mkdir trunk http://(website):8080/svn/repos -- -m initial repository layout'
(though when I check the folder E:/ApacheGroup/Apache2/htdocs/SVN/repos it isn't there)
Fooling around with Subversion through the command area
1. svn co http://(website):8080/svn/repos etc
Also in TortiseSVN when trying to browse the Reposirty trying to create a folder / Show logs/ Adding fileetc..I get the following Error
1. OPTIONS request failed on '/"
2. PROPFIND request failed on '/"
3. PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/repos'
I know it could not be a misconfig error in the http.config file in Apache ( or maybe ?)
If anyone could help me it would be much appericated..
Thank you ..
Ms.Vera O Newman
This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.