[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

RE: RE: REPORT Request failed

From: Bryan Andrews <bandrews_at_trendinfluence.com>
Date: 2004-03-12 02:04:40 CET

Ben thanks for the response.

I did indeed delete a directory via tSVN from subversion when working on my box at the office. When I got home, I expected to update and the directory would remove itself but instead I received the error. Is there another process I should be following to delete items from the working copy and source?

Thanks again!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Collins-Sussman [mailto:sussman@collab.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 10:53 AM
To: Bryan Andrews
Cc: users@subversion.tigris.org
Subject: RE: RE: REPORT Request failed

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 07:47, Bryan Andrews wrote:
> Also, is there anything I can do now to fix this issue without upgrading? I am dead in the water on my home dev machine because of this.

Actually, I misspoke. This bug *only* happens when you have a working
copy of a directory that has been deleted in the repository, and you run
'svn up'.

So to rephrase, even if you upgrade to 1.0.1 this weekend, running 'svn
up' on your working copy is still going to print an error -- the only
difference is that it will be coherent ("this repository directory no
longer exists", or somesuch), rather than the current incoherent error.

So it's not very common, and the workaround is to 'svn switch' your
working copy to some other directory that actually exists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org
Received on Fri Mar 12 02:06:00 2004

This is an archived mail posted to the Subversion Users mailing list.