[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Memory Leak Issue

From: <tmintel_at_gnrl.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 09:22:33 -0400

I recently upgraded to Labview 2014 and for about two months my computer
started crashing. I eventually tracked the problem to the TSVN plugin
downloaded through VIPM. Basically what would happen is as soon as I
launched an actual project and the plugin was called into memory I could
sit and watch my used memory slowly deplete. It would deplete until
eventually the computer would run out of memory and crash. The memory
wasn't claimed by any application in the resource monitor, it would just
slowly get used and "disappear". When I closed LabView the memory
wouldn't return to free memory. I uninstalled the TSVN plugin and the
issue went away. I am still using the TSVN application to manage my
source control through the windows explorer, just not through labview. If
I had to guess it might be related to the fact that I'm using a 32 bit
version of Labview and the 64 bit version of TSVN, but that's just a
guess. I just wanted to let you guys know about it.

I'm using
Windows 7
32 bit LabView
64 bit TSVN v. 1.8.8

and was using the latest plugin from the VIPM. Let me know if you guys
want me to try anything in order to track down the bug.

Best Regards,

Tom Mintel
Project Engineer
General Bearing Corporation
Phone (845) 535-8411


To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2014-10-01 16:47:47 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.