[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Diff doesn't work with single file externals?

From: Steve Strobel <steve.strobel_at_link-comm.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:40:00 -0600

I just tried out single file externals for the first time, using
TortoiseSVN 1.8.1. I created a new directory in my repo, set up the
externals property to pull in some existing source files, and checked out a
working copy of the directory. It got populated with the files, just as I
expected. I then modified some of the files, which caused their icons to
change in Windows Explorer; so far so good.
I then did an SVN diff and it showed the working base as a _blank_ file on
the left, my edited file on the right. I think it should have instead
shown the original (non-blank) file on the left. I tried to get the
desired diff display another way by starting a commit, then double-clicking
on the changed files in the list, but got the same result.

However, when I created a patch file, it correctly showed only the lines I
edited. So I think it has all of the correct information, but has trouble
finding the working base copy when setting up the diff view. Any idea how
to fix that?

I tried it with the diff viewer set to WinMerge then TortoiseMerge with the
same results. If I set up a working copy with a directory included through
an svn:externals property, the diff view works fine there. So the problem
seems to be related to doing single file externals.


Steve Strobel
Link Communications, Inc.
1035 Cerise Rd
Billings, MT 59101-7378
(406) 245-5002 ext 102
(406) 245-4889 (fax)
WWW: http://www.link-comm.com
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2013-08-12 20:43:43 CEST

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.