On 19 November 2012 18:06, Becky Clark <imafriend_at_aol.com> wrote:
> Stefan! Many Thanks! You gave me exactly what I needed to resolve the problem, even if I have never really diagnosed it.
> You sent a link to the code for version 1.7.x. That is the version I have installed on my machine, but the call to svnversion that returns the value "exported" refers to the version which is in our repository - and that is 1.6.6. Looking, along the same path as the link you provided, at the code for the 1.6.x version, there is this comment:
> " If invoked on a directory that is not a working copy, an\n"
> " exported directory say, the program will output 'exported'.\n"
> So, clearly, that version is not recognizing mine as a working copy. And while I am curious as to how I managed to get it into that state, I found that using the 1.7.7 version returns the correct value. So I will chalk it up to either the difference in the versions or outright user error and just be content for the moment that it is working.
> Thank you for your gracious and WONDERFULLY helpful response!
> PS. SubWCRev looks both useful and powerful. I put the end in end-user, but I love to learn and that is a goodie!
If you are using TortoiseSVN 1.7.x then your working copy will be in
1.7 format. You may recall from the release notes that there was a
major change to the working copy format moving from 1.6 to 1.7. So if
you try to use svnversion 1.6.x on a 1.7.x working copy then it will
not recognise the new format at all and just see unversioned files.
: oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
: (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
: \ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
: /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2012-11-19 23:43:51 CET