TSVN v1.7.10 just installed to replace earlier version (I do not know which version) which had been installed one month ago from the TSVN website.
Laptop is Windows 7 Enterprise
I see all overlay icons OK.
I can see TSVN Context Menu OK on folders, as with earlier version.
Within a folder, cannot see TSVN Context Menu, though I was able to see them with earlier version.
TSVN FAQ has this suggestion:
After installing, there is no TortoiseSVN context menu for files
This problem may be caused by permission settings in registry. Try the following:
1. Go to registry editor using regedit.
2. Click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*/shellex/ContextMenuHandlers/TortoiseSVN
3. Observe error message box saying access is denied.
4. Right click on the key mentioned above, go to "Permissions"...
5. In the permission dialog, click on "Advanced"
6. Click on "Owner" tab, click on your account and click "Apply"
7. OK the dialog, click on "Add..."
8. Enter your account name in the text area and click "OK"
9. OK the permission dialog.
10. Click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*/shellex/ContextMenuHandlers/TortoiseSVN
11. Check there is NO error message box.
However, on my W7 registry, I do not have “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*/shellex/ContextMenuHandlers/TortoiseSVN” at all.
What do I do?
Philips Home Healthcare Solutions
Software Guy, Design V&V QA/RA
1480 Pine Mountain Dr.
Connellys Springs, NC 28612
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2012-10-17 22:40:28 CEST