[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Bug report

From: Stefan Küng <tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:53:03 +0100

2012/2/16 Jasmin Heljic <j.heljic_at_elektroprivreda.ba>:
> Hi people,
> I would like to report a bug. Here is the story: I changed the case of the
> file name, for example the name was in upper case (FILE.EXE), then I changed
> it in lower case (file.exe), when I tried to commit it to server, no changes
> were detected, and when I refreshed, the name was returned to the previous
> state (upper case). My intention was to apply the change to the name of
> files.

Yes, this is a bug: you failed to rename the file with the proper svn command.
When you rename a file, you have to use the svn command to do so,
otherwise the rename is not recognized and case-only changes are
reverted back automatically.

So, to fix this bug:
* right-click on the file FILE.EXE
* Select "Rename" from the TSVN context menu
* enter "file.exe" (without the quotes) in the rename dialog
* click the OK button
Now you can commit that rename.

But to fix this bug for real, you have to read the docs. Otherwise
more such bugs will surface.


  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
 (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
   \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
   /_/   \_\     http://tortoisesvn.net
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2012-02-16 10:53:33 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.

This site is subject to the Apache Privacy Policy and the Apache Public Forum Archive Policy.