Connection truncatedafter about 2M.
From: Dewi Morgan <dewi_at_dewimorgan.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 20:52:05 -0700 (PDT)
I have an XP netbook user who's trying to svn update using TSVN. She downloads about one or two megs (last four were: 1.87M, 2.21M, 1.30M, 1.49M), and then gets disconnected, with the message:
Error: REPORT of '/subversion/development/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response
She then retries, which resumes where it left off, but it's a slow process.
I'm getting the following errors in the server's Apache ssl log each time:
[Thu Nov 04 16:40:14 2010] [error] [client [IP redacted]] Provider encountered an error while streaming a REPORT response. [500, #0]
This has been happening to her for about a week now. No other users are affected.
We walked through the following (and I do trust that she performed all requested actions):
- Download a 16M file from the server, using a browser, over HTTPS, without using SVN (eliminate apache/ssl issues). This downloaded fine, with no issues.
- Download an 7.2M file from the server, using a browser, over HTTPS, logging in to get it from the SVN repository (eliminate serverside SVN issues). This downloaded fine, with no issues, at about 525k/sec (her TSVN normally manages about 0-150k/sec, averaging about 20k/sec).
- Uninstall TSVN, reboot, install the latest version, and reboot again. This did upgrade her (as her previous version was 1.6.6), but did not resolve the problem.
- Travel to an external site and try their free wifi (eliminate local LAN/router/ISP issues). External site showed exact same behavior.
- Ensure she was not tunnelling or using any connection method with unusual MTA limits. Her connection is normal and identical to my own setup.
- Compare screengrabs of my own settings pages and identify any differences against her own.
Her settings were identical and default, including the config file, except for three items:
- her SVN folder is on an external drive, so she has checked "Icon Overlays"->"Drive Types"->"Removable Drives". Issue is present whatever this is set to.
- in "Icon Overlays"->"Exclude Paths", I have excluded C:\* and included specific folders. She had these fields empty, but placing restrictions did not resolve the issue.
- her "Saved Data" -> "Log messages (Input dialog)" button was greyed out, presumably because there was no data to clear. This does not appear related to her issue.
At this point, I am completely out of ideas, and would be grateful for any suggestions.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.