Kudos for a great open source project. The amount of effort and
attention paid to it is amazing to me.
I found an orphaned question
that seems to match an issue I came up against. The scenario is:
1. From my working copy, I right-click on a file and choose Show Log
2. Click on the "Include merged revisions" check box to select it.
3. When the expanded list appears, select two grey lines (i.e.,
merged revisions), right click, and choose Diff Revisions.
4. The diff utility (WinMerge, in this case) shows no changes.
5. Alternatively, instead of right-clicking in the upper grid (the
revision list), right-click on the file in the lower grid (showing
the files affected by the revision) and choose "Show Changes."
6. The diff utility appears showing the changes I expect to see.
7. Repeating the steps but just right-clicking on a single revision
line and doing an "Open with..." seems to yield two different
files depending on which grid I'm right-clicking on. The one from
the lower grid seems to be the correct one.
Interestingly, the generated file names that are fed to WinMerge are
different depending on which grid I right-click on. The file spec itself
is slightly different (I was doing in on a file with a .csproj extension
and in the upper grid, the generated file contains .csproj where on the
lower grid, the generated file spec has a shortened version of it (I
can't specifically recall but think it was .cspr). Also, the revision
number that is embedded in the generated file spec for the lower of the
two files is exactly one lower when doing the diff out of the file list
(lower grid) than when doing the diff out of the revision list (upper grid).
Details on the installation:
TortoiseSVN 1.6.8, Build 19260 - 32 Bit , 2010/04/16 20:20:11
OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
Windows XP SP2 (yeah, I know)
Thanks again for a great product,
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2010-08-24 20:32:44 CEST