Deleting modified non-versioned elements via "Working Copy" dialog causes
crash in Windows 7 x64
Host: Windows 7 x64
TortoiseSVN 1.6.7, Build 18765 - 64 Bit -dev as well
I'm not finding any other reports of this bug here so I assume it's not a
known issue at this point and isn't being worked currently.
To reproduce it:
- Create a repository
- Add a file "a.txt" to the repository (it can be an empty file).
- Check out the file into a new working folder
- Add an unversioned folder "zzzx"
- Add an empty file inside the folder: zzzx/zzzx.txt
- Right-click on the working folder and "Check for modifications"
- You will see zzzx and zzzx/zzzx.txt in the list
- Select all (ctrl-A)
- Right-click and Delete
- At the "Delete - Are you sure?" prompt select "Yes"
- TortoiseSVN crashes:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TortoiseProc.exe
Application Version: 126.96.36.19965
Application Timestamp: 4b8a4f2c
Fault Module Name: StackHash_dd9f
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5be02b
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 00000000000c6cd2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: dd9f
Additional Information 2: dd9f2b4a286f15be7fe751e8f63028b2
Additional Information 3: 134c
Additional Information 4: 134c431c83b515996c2a4d5061b1d431
- This seems to be triggered because one or more non-versioned folders are
present and are being deleted. One can evidently manually delete files
(ONLY files) via this tool without problems (I haven't characterized this
comprehensively). Folder deletion will always fail and will always cause
the tool to crash.
- This is a serious issue - manual workarounds are unwieldy when many
files and folders are being cleaned out.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2010-03-08 15:07:51 CET