[svn.haxx.se] · SVN Dev · SVN Users · SVN Org · TSVN Dev · TSVN Users · Subclipse Dev · Subclipse Users · this month's index

Re: Remove bugtraq:number information from Recent Messages

From: Stefan Küng <tortoisesvn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:48:54 +0100

On 28.10.2009 20:34, Dhruv wrote:
> We are currently using version 1.5.9.15518 and upgrading to
> 1.6.6.17493.
>
> Adding more information to clarify the issue I am seeing.
>
> Usage with Version 1.5.9.15518
> 1. Check in a file with BugzID: 12 and add comment: asasas
> 2. The screen-shot just before check-in :
> http://tortoisesvn.googlegroups.com/web/1.5.9.15518%20-%20Original%20Message.JPG?gsc=fITssgsAAABipLvHJSU10qtt5OaBwY1I
>
> 3. Edit the same file
> 4. Check in file with BugzID: 13
> - Add comment asasass
> - Click on "Recent Messages"
> - Select the previous commit for BugzID: 12
> - Another line is added to the new comment without the old
> "BugzID: 12"
> 5. Please see screen-shot just before check-in:
> http://tortoisesvn.googlegroups.com/web/1.5.9.15518%20-%20NewMessage_plus_RecentMessages.JPG?gsc=McM7qgsAAABcjjUgN-klWq2AnQ5E46JH
>
> Usage with Version 1.6.6.17493
> 1. Check in a file with BugzID: 12 and add comment: asasas
> 2. The screen-shot just before check-in :
> http://tortoisesvn.googlegroups.com/web/1.6.6.17493%20-%20Original%20Message.JPG?gsc=zdoR5AsAAADa7JBQfIazzaht9TIEQwif
>
> 3. Edit the same file
> 4. Check in file with BugzID: 13
> - Add comment asasass
> - Click on "Recent Messages"
> - Select the previous commit for BugzID: 12
> - Another line is added to the new comment with the old "BugzID:
> 12"
> 5. Please see screen-shot just before check-in:
> http://tortoisesvn.googlegroups.com/web/1.6.6.17493%20-%20NewMessage_plus_RecentMessages.JPG?gsc=EzSP1wsAAAARGDun0THmCacsyKg7dIKL
>
> When the commit is completed, the final log message contains BugzID:12
> and BugzID:13 in the comment. This was not the case before with the
> old version of TortoiseSVN.
>
> We currently us FogBugz for our bugtracking sytem and even though this
> commit was supposed to be only filed under Bug: 13 it is actually also
> filed under Bug: 12 which is incorrect.
>
> I am not sure whether this is by design in TortoiseSVN 1.6 or not. If
> it is by design is there any way to get the old functionality back
> using the SVN properties?

It is by design and was requested that it work that way.
But you can see that the old issue number is inserted and correct it
before you commit, so it really shouldn't be a problem?

Stefan

-- 
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
  (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
    \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
    /_/   \_\     http://tortoisesvn.net
------------------------------------------------------
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2412782
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-10-29 19:49:01 CET

This is an archived mail posted to the TortoiseSVN Users mailing list.