Wow, I did not expect you to do that for me! Thank you. Can you
confirm that the merge did not show modified properties on all
versioned files? If so, that is very enouraging. At least I know it
> Anyway, [Ben] told you to ask on the Subversion mailing list, not on the
> TSVN mailing list because the svn mailing list is where the svn core
> developers answer questions. They know a lot more about the internals of
> the svn library than I do.
Sorry, I did not realize the difference.
I did a fresh checkout and tested before I initially reported the
problem to you. I also had two other developers test the merge and
they had the same problems I did, so I concluded it was not a problem
with my system/internet. However, I did not check what anti-virus
they were using.
I duplicated your test exactly as you described. I assume the depth
was working copy. I disabled my anti-virus (Nod32) before the new
checkout and merge.
The slow part of the merge is the first part - averaging about 750
Bytes/s. Once the merged starts sending content (at about 1096 kBytes
transferred) it transfers at about 33 Kbytes/s. My internet speed is
only 256kb/s. But the other developers tried at much higher speeds
with the same results.
The results of duplicating your test were odd. I received tree
conflicts. All versioned files are still marked as modified
properties. And the merge still took almost 20 minutes.
I will try to post to your mailing list as requested. But if you
could confirm that you did not get the modified properties, that would
Thanks again for your wonderful support
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-10-11 13:26:53 CEST