> Maybe you haven't, but maybe someone else on your team has?
Yes, that could be true, I don't know what was done before I joined
> how do you do the diff on those files?
I used right-click - DIff and also Diff with Previous version.
Neither show any changes to the file. When I navigate to previous and
next Difference, it just goes to the top and bottom of the file.
> If only the properties have changed, you would see a status of "normal" in the "text status" column
> but a "modified" on the "property status" column.
Yes, Properties show as modified, text shows as normal on the modified
files that do not show any diff
I cannot believe I neglected to tell you the most important info! I
should have given you a history of what we haved done to our SVN: I
apologize, I thought I had explained this better!
1. We never used branches until recently. Then we needed to create a
feature branch – branches/2.1 which was an exact copy of /trunk at
2. We did not commit any further changes to /trunk – we only worked on
3. When the feature - branches/2.1 was completed, we merged it to /
trunk using Merge Reintegrate
4. Then we renamed branches/2.1 to branches/3.0
5. When we released the latest version, branches/3.0 was renamed to /
6. As we started work on verison 3.1, we created a new branches/3.1
which was an exact copy of /trunk
7. Next, we decided to add some new apps to SVN. Those were initally
added separately from /trunk
8. However, we decided we wanted everything in /trunk and so we
restructured /trunk to include new subfolders for the new apps. We
also moved the existing files from /trunk to a subfolder /skin I
believe this was done using Repo Browser.
9. Branches/3.1 was still using the old structure and Test Merges
resulted in "skipped missing target" errors. So we restructured
branches/3.1 to match the new /trunk structure.
10. Then I tried to merge a range of revisions from branches/3.1 to
trunk/skin and that resulted in all versioned files showing as
modified (Properties, text is normal except for those that have
When I look at merge properties for the files in trunk/skin that show
as modified in my last merge (not yet committed to repository) they
“s v n : m e r g e i n f o T /branches/2.1/common.dialog.xml:402-635/
Of course, /branches/2.1 no longer exists - could that be our
problem? Since every file now has it in the mergeinfo properties. If
so, how do we correct this now?
> There's also a thread about the same issue on the svn mailing list:http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1065&dsMessa...
Yes, that thread looks very similar to our problem. But I don't really
understand the answer :). How do we "run svn up before you merge". And
how do I have my "working copy at a single revision, and perhaps even
at HEAD"? And how do I "check your working copy for subtree
mergeinfo" How do I get all my mergeinfo at the tree root as
recommended in that post?
I did try to find these in the Help file, but perhaps the terminology
is different? I am happy to research and learn if you can just point
me in the right direction.
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-10-09 23:08:27 CEST