David Balazic wrote:
> Stefan Küng wrote:
>> David Balažic wrote:
>>> David Balažic wrote:
>>>> (in case this is not already known)
>>>> With TSVN 1.6.2
>>>> If there is a modified UTF-16LE text file int the WC and I call up
>>>> TortoiseMerge for it, it is very slow. It takes a few seconds just
>>>> to fill the initial screen (I see how the text is rendered line by
>>>> line, first in the left pane, then in the right). Moving
>>>> around is also very slow. It helps, if I reduce the window size to
>>>> a quarter of the screen or so.
>>>> The file is about 375 KB big and has long lines, up to 1000 chars.
>>>> Is this known ?
>>>> I also noticed slowness when the same text is loaded in Excel, so
>>>> maybe it is Windows having problems rendering all the characters
>>>> (in many languages).
>>> This seems to happen only on parts of the file, which has changes.
>>> Unchanged parts display and scroll with normal speed.
>> Can you zip those two files and send them to me?
> Here they are (not for public!).
Thanks a lot for the files. I've already deleted them and of course
won't make them public.
I could improve the speed when drawing such long lines a lot, but even
with that improvement it's still slow (but it's now actually usable
again). The problem is that the lines in your test files are very long
and they have some non-standard chars, which makes the ExtTextOut() API
very slow. I've compared the drawing speed with two other text editors,
and they are not much faster than TMerge now.
Improved the speed in r16577.
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe_at_tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
Received on 2009-06-12 18:08:51 CEST